Thread: Fingerprinting
View Single Post
LysesKids 03:57 PM 08-16-2018
Originally Posted by mommyneedsadayoff:
Very true...thank you for the perspective! And I agree. I think choice seems more like an ultimatum anymore, so it can be tough to get totally on board. In regards to childcare, the "choice" to comply kr not is driving a lot of people out of the industry. I get why, but I dont think governments really understand the impact. Or the irony. Parents seem to be a protected class even though they are shown to be the most harmful to the kids, yet DC providers jump through hoops and give up most of their privacy to provide care. I cant say if it's right or wrong, as I'm sure every situation is different, but shoot. Seems like a downhill slope to me.
Not every parent gets protected; my own step mother turned me into DHS for educational neglect after my dad died; she didn't believe in homeschooling (which my children thrived in) - she didn't realize the consequences it caused me in AR... not only could I lose my career (I was found innocent BTW and told no worries for doing daycare), but I did lose my rental home due to the laws there. People don't always think about what their actions could do