View Single Post
Blackcat31 09:16 AM 06-06-2019
Originally Posted by WBee:
So tired of seeing grandparents "raising" the grandkids these days. They pay for daycare more than the parents do! Anyway, I have a parent who is a teacher. She & Grandma told me upon signing up a few months ago that dcb would not be here for the summer. They're hoping I can take dcb in September, which is not promised as I am licensed for 6 and if someone wants the spot, so be it. (He's only 2x per week.) Two weeks ago, same story. He ends care next week. Yesterday at PU, Grandma asked if Mom had called me. Me: "No." Grandma: "Well I finally convinced her to keep him here for the summer so he doesn't lose his spot. So he will be staying." Me: "I'm sorry but I've already filled it. Mom gave me his last attendence date 2 weeks ago." Grandma: Ugh! So he lost it for Sept. too?" Me: "No, I'm not saying that but I also cannot guarantee it as we discussed prior. I do have two going to Kindergarten so it depends on schedule changes." Grandma: (Walks out ticked off.) OMG. LOL
....and that is EXACTLY why so many grand parents are raising their grandkids..... because they didn't teach their children how to be responsible and how to make their own decisions.

If I were you, I would not take the child back solely based on principle alone. They expect you to "save" the space while they are taking income from you...I mean saving money themselves.