View Single Post
MrsB 09:37 AM 04-05-2012
Can I suggest that maybe he is noticing that it bothers you so much and he sees it gets you frustrated? Some kids hone (sp?) in on catching adults off guard and dont even really realize it. One of the hardest lessons I learned in caring for children. Dont let their actions effect you. Let their actions effect them.

I understand that not everyone will agree with me and has different philosophies but this is what I would have done. I would have him eat his lunch on a lunch mat on the floor. (they are just towels) At the lunch table we have to respect the lunch manners or you dont get to join us at the table. Not a punishment, just a place where he can practice his table manners himself. Once he has mastered them (like sitting on your bottom, holding cups with both hands, eating with your mouth closed, using your fork, covering your mouth to cough or sneeze) you can join the rest of us at the table.

At first some of them think that the lunch mats are cool and ask to use one. I say sure go for it! Once they realize they aren't part of the group down there around the corner from us. They realize its not so fun and rejoin us.