View Single Post
Brooksie 05:23 AM 11-21-2013
Originally Posted by Lyss:
You guys are just dating right? I don't mean that to sound derogatory, just getting perspective. DH and I didn't have "our" money until we were married. Committed relationship or not, I came from a family where you learned to keep yourself financially protected from everyone and I wasn't about to share an account with someone I wasn't married too. Even when we were engaged. Heck we still have mainly separate accts but we both put a certain amount into a joint account for DD/living expenses, the rest we split.

How was dinner? I totally want to come to your house! Totally beats my leftover spaghetti (although I love leftover spaghetti! )!

I'd do it to, heck I have done it! DH sometimes needs a reality check (he was an only child, mama's boy) too and unless something he's doing (or not doing) affects him specifically or makes things difficult he can be a bit oblivious. I did a laundry/dishes strike awhile back and now he's MUCH more helpful!
Yea we aren't even engaged yet. He's been living here for 3 months and dd is not "his". He loves her as his but he came from the bachelor life to family life and it hasn't totally sunk in. We have a playful relationship and I would rather make my point this way than argue or be negative. We aren't growing apart in the least but I appreciate the concern I guess? lol I could sit there and tell him what he needs to do but its not OUR money. He has a point. But if he wants to keep everything separate to THAT extent then I can play that game. Lol I would much rather him come to his own decision that he needs to chip in, than for me to argue with him about it. Plus this is more fun. And dinner was delicious! I even made enough to have it for lunch. Yummmmmy

(DBF is also an only child and a momma's boy, so I definitely know what you mean! lol!!)

EDIT: I may also add that he moved out of him parent's house to move in here so his mommy was doing everything, cleaning, cooking, laundry. He was there to pay off some medical bills and only had to pay for those. So this is a big jump back into reality for him even though he was on his own for many years before that.