Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
Josiegirl 02:32 PM 02-28-2018
Originally Posted by Farmerswife:
19 month old loves to hang on the gate to my kitchen. When I walk towards her she lets go, but as soon as I walk away, she grabs it again. She is very stubborn so the only way to attempt to get through to her when she doesn't listen or follow rules is to put her in a pack-n-play for a few minutes. I think it distracts her enough that she forgets what she was doing to get herself in there, I don't know that it is really solving the problem. If she remembers what I was asking her not to do, she'll go right back at it. Anyway, that situation is being worked on, my vent is big brother says "she doesn't know better". Wonder where he heard that? It wasn't here, that's for sure!
Dcm was using that line on her twins up until a few months ago and they're 3 1/2. Big sis would tell me the same thing that your big bro is telling you. I told big sis one day that they needed to be taught then! Perhaps it got back to dcm.

Some kids are babied a lot. Funny thing is, then the parent wonders why they're such a handful as they get older.