View Single Post
craftymissbeth 06:36 AM 07-08-2014
Originally Posted by Rachel:
It seems like it is in black and white, I saw a clip where everything was b&w except the hair and the apple.

They also made the kids older. At first I just looked at the preview and thought "wow, they look older" and it bugged me. But then I saw they actually made them 16. So it still bugs me, but at least they advanced them to 16 and aren't having kids looking 16 playing 11 / 12 year olds.

She needs to write another book. I loved the first part of Son but the rest of it... blah. I want to know what happened in the original community after he left!
Oh, ok I see it now! I watched the featurette and it does look like it's partly in B&W, which is awesome.

It does bother me that they're older, but maybe that's because the book touches on sexuality with the "stirrings" and they felt the audience would feel uncomfortable with 12 & 13 year olds experiencing it?? IDK, just my way of justifying that change so I can handle it

I want to know what happened to the community, too. But, it looks like Jonas and the baby were snatched up by an airplane thing... so maybe the ending is different from the book and the story will continue on?