View Single Post
mommyneedsadayoff 07:00 AM 06-03-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
The provider told me that the deposit would pay for the last two weeks of care. When I gave my two weeks' notice, she changed her tune and said that since my daughter hadn't been there for 3 months, the deposit would NOT be applied toward the last two weeks. I have paid for all days of care (plus one paid holiday). My daughter only ended up attending for 3 or 4 days and I have paid this lady $360.

The problem is that she did not put anything in writing, and for my part I wasn't as proactive as I should have been about demanding to get it in writing. I guess this is a good cautionary tale! The written contract protects everybody involved.
I guess that's what is confusing to me. If the provider said the $300 does not cover the two weeks (which she shouldn't be changing her mind on that if she originally said that it did), why does she only want $90 from you? Shouldn't she want 2 weeks worth of payment? (And I am not saying you should pay that, bc it's not the original agreement, it's just something isn't adding up ) you also said your daughter attended 3 or 4 days (which one?) but you have only paid for 2 days, plus the two week notice period. ($60 is two days worth of care). Do you see what I mean?