View Single Post
storybookending 07:53 AM 12-19-2017
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Yep. I purposely got a smaller home on a bigger property, too. 1500 sq feet, 10 year old home. It is high, was higher. I have replaced all appliances, lights and heat/ac system for energy efficiency, too. None are over 3 years old, now. Changed out insulation, bought insulated garage door, sealed old floor vents, had electric company do evaluation. I am out of ideas.

I do a ridiculous amount of laundry and have three freezers, though. I am not at a place in my life to minimize that right now. I am cooking for three homes and have the daycare.
OMG I cannot imagine. My house is a little over 1900 sq ft. Built in 1953. We insulated the attic upon moving in, although that project isn’t exactly finished. The windows are old and should be replaced soon. I cringe when gas/electric combined is over $150 in the summer...it’s a little higher in the summer running AC than it is in the winter running heat. They say if I replace my windows that are still original with the house that I could be paying a lot less. So far we’ve just been putting the storms on in the fall and the screens back in the spring & calling it good.