Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
fifi 09:12 PM 01-08-2018
I don't own my own daycare, like many of you on here, and I wish I had the funds to start up my own centre. I am so fed up with where I'm working. There seems to be this constant revolving door of staff. One of my former coworkers gave her 2 weeks notice, and then instead of starting to look for someone to fill that position, my boss went on holidays for a week. She's always complaining about how it's hard to find new staff, but yet she could somehow justify going on holidays for a week and leaving all of us in a lurch. I've lost count of how many days I haven't got a break during a 9 hour shift. So many times I have thought of looking for a different job, but I have been there over 6 months now and I should be getting a raise. Plus, it's a guaranteed 40 hours a week, unlike other another centre I worked at for a month. They told me it was a full time position, but then after 2 weeks they would send me home after 4 hours, or text me at 10 pm to tell me what time to come in the next day. I love the children, but in this field we get treated like absolute sh!t.