View Single Post
Unregistered 06:39 AM 06-29-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
In what State in the US???????????????????

Is this maybe another country??

It is all about infectious disease control within mixed age group settings. I don't know about you but I would not want my kids in a dirty/contaminated environment.

We are talking urine and feces here... With infants on the floor.

If a parent wants a potty training program, they need to go to a center that offers one. Those have appropriately sized toilets and extra providers JUST FOR THAT. Be aware that there is a COST for that as well.

It is unfair to expect small, mixed group, providers who do not offer that service to bend to your will
No, it's not another country. Stop the sarcasm, just because I don't agree with your viewpoint. And yes, it's a viewpoint, not fact or even theory. The group that posts here isn't representative of all daycares throughout the country. Have you talked with other providers outside of your state other than through this forum? Have you done any research on the internet of other home based and center based providers and their potty training programs? I did some reseach to see if your view was widely held. It is standard to offer some sort of potty training program as part of your program regardless if you're home based or center based. And in my state, it's a licensing standard, so there is no choice for licensed providers here. I've never heard of anything less than, even in home providers, so the group on here saying that they won't is a huge exception IMHO. Maybe in your area it's standard to offer it, but I've never heard of a provider not offering any potty training whatsoever and that a child needs to be 100% potty trained at home to even try it at daycare. Kids still have accidents at age 5 - if they play too long and wait too long, it happens. I think it's pretty naive of you to think that customers wouldn't want a potty training service and that even asking would be asking you to bend to our will - it's a very reasonable expectation considering that most full time kids spend more time with you per day than their parents Mon-Fri. And both parents working full time is the standard nowadays, too. This isn't the 1950s. And I couldn't find a single item on the internet to support your view on potty training - on the contrary, everything I found supported that good daycare providers offer potty training programs that meet the needs of each individual child. I was hard pressed to even find providers that offered similar views to yours other than this forum. There were a few but it was literally 9:1 in favor of in daycare potty training programs. There are many other daycare forum sites and parenting sites out there as well as just googling daycares in each state. So I think it's safe to say that your view is an exception to the standard. Potty training isn't subjecting everyone to a dirty, contaminated environment - potty training doesn't begin with undies, it begins with pull ups and ends with undies. Obviously, kids have set backs and plans may need to change if the child simply isn't ready. I would never choose a provider who refused to potty train children all together. The centers and home providers in our area charge the exact same rate - I know because I've called every single one of them to compare over the years, so no, customers don't pay extra for potty training through centers in our area. One thing that is nice about centers is that virtually all of them are better equipped for potty training because good centers have 2 person classrooms and in room bathrooms, usually 2 toilets per room.

To the OP, I'm glad that things worked out and you found another provider.