View Single Post
momma2girls 11:10 AM 03-05-2010
Originally Posted by DBug:
I totally agree with what some of the others have said about what parents do during daycare hours being none of my business. I do wonder though, whether charging by the day is fair when one parent has their child here for only 8 hours, while another gets 12 hours of care for the same rate. I really respect the families that have things worked out so that their child spends as little time in daycare as possible (ie. dad drops off, mom picks up). It shows me that they actually do like their child :-) But occasionally I start to feel like I'm penalizing them by charging them the same as the parents whose child is here from open to close.

Someone mentioned charging a flat rate for 10 hours, and then charging hourly over that (I think ...). Does anyone else do that? Are parents okay with that? Does it change parents' drop off/pick up schedules at all?
I have heard of daycares and centers that charge overtime rates after 10 hrs. per day. I am open 9 1/2 hrs. and just this alone is 48 hrs. a week. I have one friend that does anything over 45 hrs. per week, is considered OT at the rate of $10.00 per hr. per child. THis allows for a 40 hr. week, and an hr. drive time daily.