View Single Post
Unregistered 05:37 AM 06-16-2016
I don't mean to present a one sided view of her -- I liked many aspects of her program and she had worked hard to build up an effective daycare with a really nice, safe, outdoor play area, lots of toys, etc. Like I say, in spite of the incident with my son's mouth we were happy with her. She worked extremely well with my daughter, but my daughter is and always has been "easy."

The breakdown for us was the sudden, Our parenting styles don't match, you let your son wear nail polish, I don't want you back. It's like, uhh, okay lady. We are neighbors. We see each other on the highway driving to our houses from time to time. How diff can we really be? I know she was annoyed with me about wavering on the Kindergarten issue.

Anyhow, the point of this post is I certainly acknowledge the positive aspects of her program and by no means is it all just black and white. Some of the drawbacks that surfaced over the preceding month were not deal breakers for me, but evidently were for her - - personally I can (and do every day at my own job) work with anyone. I always feel I can solve most any problem with most people. I do recognize and am aware that running a business out of your home has risks and she needs to take steps to minimize what she perceives as a risk. I get that. I admit I'm hurt that she dropped us suddenly, it's not how I treat people, but I get it.