View Single Post
CityGarden 12:30 AM 09-30-2016
Originally Posted by Mike:
Men in daycare isn't very common, but it is slowly being accepted.

If the families already know you, I doubt there will be any issues. If they don't know you, some may worry, but most won't. If you want to do it, go for it. It never hurts to add more of us to the business.
Originally Posted by Mike:
It's a fact that a man running a home daycare will be frowned upon by many. Doesn't bother me at all. I fully understand why some don't believe in it. I'm sure that when I start, I will get some bashing and maybe even more, but the parents who do use my services will be very happy, and once I get going for a while, it won't be hard to find more clients if needed.
Both of these ring true for me. Yes if I knew the person (man or woman) I as a parent would feel more comfortable.
I wanted to add that I personally like having a 2nd teacher in the room most home providers in my local area are one woman shows or have "fill in" type helpers. As a teacher with all the accusations and liability teachers face now, I appreciate the 2nd set of eyes and that was something I knew I wanted when placing my daughter..... so for me it is more complex than just gender alone.

Also have you googled Teacher Tom? I love him and his energy AMAZING!