View Single Post
Play Care 06:08 AM 01-24-2017
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
I do baby led food for my kiddos and pretty much do it for my daycare kids too but like BC said ... I do what I feel is safe. I choose what they are going to eat and I just have the DCP write down the list of what they've already offered so I don't have to worry about allergies.

I cut up grapes in quarters but long ways, I don't skin apples but I cut them up into very small pieces and I may boil or steam them depending on whether the child is under or over a year. I have three 1 year olds (one is my own DD) and they all eat whatever everyone else is eating. Today we had home-made clam chowder complete with potatoes, bacon, clams, carrots, celery, leeks and corn. The bigger veggies were cut up into small pieces but other than that I don't really do much peeling.

Although this is a first for me, I actually am LOVING it! It is so much easier for baby to self feed. They eat as much (or as little) as they want. They get different taste, texture. My other infant will be 1 at the end of February and she's still on mostly purées. Her finger food consists of those puffs.
I take over feeding once they turn 1 and it's all self feeding "table" food, and bottles are done. I have a feeling it will be tough for her to adjust. I have no worries with my BLW kiddo.