Thread: Should I Run?
View Single Post
Unregistered 12:18 PM 01-31-2018
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
It is possible there was an emergency or unusual circumstance that they did not tell you about back in September. I would probably give them the benefit of the doubt if you liked the environment otherwise. A working interview would be with the lead teacher. Sounds like she/he will have a lot of influence over their hiring decision.

Hopefully the last one (lead) did not trash your interview in September.
The working interview last time was with a girl who actually left the company (not sure if it was on her terms or not; I have heard about her work ethics at other daycares though- not good). I saw her working at a grocery store recently, and she actually told me that I lucked out.

I don't even think she was a lead teacher. If I remember right, she was actually someone who didn't WANT the responsibility of doing things like lesson plans. There was NOBODY there when I left who had any kind of say in hiring new teachers. I'm not sure how long I was working before everyone left, but you'd think one of the 4 people who have some authority on the staff/hiring process would be there while a stranger is in the school having a working interview- or at least, there'd be an apology/acknowledgement if something happened to prevent ANYONE from staying.