View Single Post
Crystal 02:32 PM 04-24-2013
Originally Posted by mom2many:
It is on the emergency card for the parent to sign if they agree to allow the parent to transport. If that is not signed by the parent then the provider CANNOT transport. If you transport they can and will check to make sure you have liability insurance to cover transporting children

Sorry about hijacking this thread...I understand things continually change in CA. However, I just had licensing come out to my home last July and told me nothing about this emergency card with transportation info.

The licensing forms I was advised and given copies of are the following:
Lic 700 Identification and Emergency Information
Lic 9150 Receipt of Parent Notification
Lic 995A Acknowledgement of Parent's Rights
Lic 627 Consent for Medical Treatment
Immunization records- Blue card

None of these have anything pertaining to authorizing transportation. I have had licensing ask about whether I transport and even had them have to wait till I came home from picking up kids at school, so it has been discussed numerous times by various licensing analysts.

I totally understand both sides of this issue. I personally would have never have agreed to take a family that would not allow me to transport their child and years ago, I have had families decide not to use me when I advised them I took kids to and from school.
It is on the back of the emergency card. It is called "field trip authorization" If that is not signed by the parent, then the provider CANNOT transport the child, period. I have been doing this for 16 years and it has been there since the day I started.