View Single Post
clep 05:25 PM 09-25-2012
I used to accept subsidy for the first two years as a provider. I hated it. As bad and judgmental as it sounds, the subsidy parents were absolutely terrible. I had some pick up drunk, some smell up my foyer with the smell of pot, and some not show up altogether. My subsidy parents were really lacking in personal and parenting skills, which was reflected in their children. It was a constant fight to have them bring supplies for their children.

When I stopped doing subsidy my quality of parents greatly increased instantly. I do have one family currently with both parents that are engineers and they are much like what I have described above.

I don't suggest it is all subsidy parents that are like this, but I did find a majority like that and I got tired of trying to weed them out.

I didn't mind the paperwork to much or keeping the records as I do that anyways still. I don't care about the government funding either as the agency took 70 bucks per kid. When I left the agency, I upped the fees plus received the 70 bucks too. That paid for any further education I required.