View Single Post
Blackcat31 06:17 AM 12-17-2019
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Hello, there was an issue with child running out of the daycare after he saw his grandmother outside (arriving to pick him up). Daycare informed me of the incident and I apologized and immediately addressed the issue with my child on why that’s dangerous and can’t happen again. When I asked the daycare how he managed to make it from outside on the playground (where he saw grandma), through the building, and out of the front door without adult intervention, I was told it was my responsibility to teach him better. She very clearly stated that and stressed that she is state compliant and doesn’t employee hall monitors. After several days of trying to resolve the issue with the director, I filed a state complaint. They confirmed there were violations in place on the daycares behalf. She immediately dismissed me when I informed her I filed the complaint. Granted, I was already looking for alternatives, is she allowed to immediately dismiss me over their error? I’m concerned this will effect me being able to secure a new daycare.
I would've termed you as well for reporting.

However, I would like to hear more about the back and forth that occurred that prompted you to report in the first place... what was said between you and the director and what do you mean you were unable to resolve the issue?

I don't understand what there was to resolve....

Your child ran out, they were unable to contain him.
There could be fault on both sides depending on what the situation was.

As for this situation affecting your ability to secure daycare; some times that is true if the new facility "talks" with the previous one and sometimes it's not a deciding factor at all.

Personally, I don't care what happened at a child's previous daycare as I am only concerned with my program and my program's ability to meet your needs and vice versa so being terminated from a past provider would play no role in my decision to enroll or not enroll you/your child.

I am sure there are others that feel/do the opposite.

Bottom line however, any parent that felt the need to report me to the state because of unresolved conflict would be terminated from my program as well. It's vital that parents and providers be able to work together to address issues AND solve them.

I would also assume you wouldn't want to continue having your child attend a facility that you felt was bad enough to report so I see this as a good thing for both you and the facility.