View Single Post
e.j. 12:00 PM 01-31-2021
I'm not sure how a doctor would interpret an inconclusive test but I would interpret it as "not definitively negative". I would want to know for sure that the child is negative before allowing her back into my day care. If it were me, I'd suggest the child either be retested if possible or have the parents keep her home for 10-14 days (after onset of symptoms) to be sure she wasn't bringing the virus into my home. I'm saying that because in September, I had 1 child go home with mild cold symptoms. He spiked a fever overnight. He tested negative as did 4 of the other kids who ended up with the same mild cold symptoms but no fever. The 6th child who had no fever and just a slight, clear runny nose ended up testing positive much to everyone's surprise. You just never know. If it were me, I'd err on the side of caution just based on that experience.
(My kids were all tested again this past week because one kid developed a runny nose and another developed that along with a fever. So far, everyone has come up negative - thank goodness! Still waiting for one more test result.)