View Single Post
littlemissmuffet 08:29 AM 11-11-2012
Originally Posted by Daycarelady1979:
Do you guys all still get paid for these days off?

Do any of the dcp's ever question that?

How do you have it worded in your contract?
I absolutely get paid for these days off (10 days vacation, 10 days statutory holidays, 5 sick/personal days).

No, parents never question this because a) most of them get all 10 stats off with pay, get 2+ vacations weeks per year with pay and well above and beyond 5 paid sick days! and b) this is one of the first things I go over in the interview process - and I let them know that there is ZERO room for negotion or discussion regarding my paid days off.

My contract simply states that I take all statutory holidays off with pay (if one falls on a Saturday, I close the Friday; falls on a Sunday I close the Monday); that I take 10 paid days of vacation per year (to be determine in January of each year - and I hand out a schedule) and that I am entitled to 5 sick/personal days per year (wherein I will give as amuch notice as possible).

I do not give free/discounted vacation time to families and I do not give free or discounted sick days to families. I have NEVER not made my full monthly income.