View Single Post
marniewon 02:29 PM 04-05-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:
This is the way I see this. Why in the world would a parent want a child to be in a home where he is so out of control and unhappy that he punches, hits, and pushes other kids? Why would they want him to be with an adult he clearly doesn't respect?

He should be somewhere where he is HAPPY and where he is around adults he respects.

I wouldn't keep a kid like that. I couldn't deal with that level of unhappiness and neither could my helper and my other kids. We want to be around CALM, NICE and RESPECTFUL people.
Oh, he's happy enough. He's having a great time taking toys and body slamming and hitting. At least that's what the smile on his face tells me. To be fair, he has a much older sibling who plays very rough with him, and at first I thought he was just playing the way he knew how to. Maybe he is, I don't know, but he hasn't quite figured out that that's not allowed here.

I'm not so sure he would respect anyone anywhere else either. Apparently he's done this sort of thing elsewhere and (at least from what I know) once at home to his baby sister also.