View Single Post
happymom 01:35 PM 12-08-2017
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I'm with you, as a parent and a provider. I ENCOURAGE parents to POP IN. I also use photo documentation DAILY of meals, potty, activities so that there is NO miscommunication between here/home that I AM doing what I say.

My heart breaks for you and your son. I remember when you first told us about this.
Thank you. It's funny I never saw the red flags, I feel like I was sooooooooo blind because I trusted her so much. I had zero reason not to, after all, if I didn't trust her why would I leave my child with her? But I did. I trust her through and through, questioning it would mean that I was willingly leaving him with someone I didn't trust. ALL OF US trusted her, until we didn't. I like to share my story, not to scare people, but so they can ask questions.

Honestly I am more upset about the relationships that we lost. I truly loved the provider that was doing this, and I still question how she did it. I know she loved my son. My son and her daughter were best best friends. All that is gone now.

Watch for the signs. If it's really over a cupcake, it could be an honest mistake, maybe she was in the bathroom when they passed out cupcakes and the lunch lady didn't know. There could have been a reason for it, as everyone has pointed out-- perhaps there wasn't enough cupcakes because she was still there after her normal pick up time, or they knew you'd be there any minute and didn't want you to pick up a super messy kid. OR, there could be something else going on. Ask the provider questions, ask your daughter questions.

Ask yourself why you don't trust them. Is it really over a cupcake? Is there another reason?