View Single Post
Ac114 05:27 AM 07-19-2018
I have a DCB 2.5 who was my first client. Being new to being a childcare provider at the time I pushed my hours back to accommodate this family. Close at 5:30, they needed until 6 and because I wasn’t getting anywhere I decided to stay open until 6. All my other families are gone by 5 at the latest, sometimes 4:30. I’m just done being available this late for one child but here’s the kicker, mom and dad both have a day off during the week but DCB is here 5 days a week no matter what. From 7am-6pm. This is the same family that went on vacation, left DCB with the neighbor, came home on weds but brought him to care Thursday and Friday even though they were still off for the rest of the week. He is here Monday through Friday 7am-6pm, goes to the neighbors Friday night to stay the night and get picked up around 4 on Saturday from the neighbor. I’ve also caught on to the fact that they aren’t working until 6 but mom usually goes shopping, goes home and watches tv (posts pictures on Facebook where I can see) or basically anything that involves her kid being here until 5:56 everyday. The incident that kind of pushed me over the edge was me needing to run errands one evening so everyone was ready to go out the door, DCB was sitting on the porch while I started my car. I saw mom pull from a side street (it’s a cul de sac with maybe 10 houses on the street) on our country rd and pull into my driveway at 5:57. So what she did was pull down that rd and waited for idk how long until it was as close to 6 as possible and then came to get her child. I was pissed, like who does that.

Anyways, I am going back n forth on just telling them that my new hrs are that I close at 5:30 and maybe they will eventually leave or term them but I’ve never had any discussions with them that a term would come as a surprise. And they may make the 5:30 close time work but I’m feeling really resentful.

My husband has a completely different outlook to it in that his parents obviously don’t care much about him and that we should provide a safe, loving place for him that has some normalcy blah blah blah but he’s literally not the one stuck providing care for him. DCB is a good child, definitely attention starved but I don’t know what to do. OR should I have a different outlook on this situation? Enlighten me with your advice please!