View Single Post
Blackcat31 11:45 AM 10-04-2012
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
Welfare is so misused it's not even funny. It is supposed to be there to help people when they're down and out. It is NOT supposed to be a way of life. Case in point. My husband had a great job and I do daycare. We had the world by the palm of our hand last year. He lost his job in March. Now we're trying to figure out how we're going to pay the mortgage. We applied for a bridge card (food allowance). We were denied. Said we had too many assets. Okay, we have a home that we're upside down on and couldn't sell for what we owe on it, we have 2 cars. Guess we could sell one of the cars. I have a savings account that I put money in everytime I get paid so I can pay the taxes and insurance. Yup, guess I could take that out for food and then not have the money for taxes and insurance. It's complete BS.
My DD is 24 years old, single with no children and works 2 jobs (one PT and the other 3/4 time) and is a full-time college student. Pays for her own medical insurance or goes without. She gets zero dollars back in taxes. Last year she paid in.

Past DCM's is a single mother with one child. She paid zero dollars per month for child care, lives in subsidized housing (her rent is $66 per month), drives a new car, has manicured nails and an i-phone.

She works 32 hours per week but uses 50 hours of child care (child here from open to close) Takes her child to the doctor at every little cough and sniffle (for free...at least to her). Receives no child support because she can't or won't identify the father.

Last year she received almost $5,000 back in taxes.

She recently passed on a promotion at work that would have provided her with medical insurance and paid vacations. The reason? She would lose her benefits.

If that doesn't tell you that there is seriously something wrong with our govenment, you are living in denial.