View Single Post
Tiny'smom 08:56 AM 10-25-2013
Hello, happy to be here!!! I want to open a home family childcare business. I have a unique situation though and I am not sure if I will be able to do it. We are a military family and we bought two houses in one. We have our home we live in and we have what some may call a mother-in-law house adjacent to our home that we live in. It is in our backyard and is inside our fence. It it is a one bedroom with a small living room and kitchen and a one car garage. It is basically another small house/apartment. This is what I want to use to start my childcare business. Is there anyone out there who has done this the same way? Someone who has opened their business in a structure they own, but is not the home they dwell in. I was trying to go through the base program, FCC, but they had some questions about it and sent it to higher people and because of the government issues they have not received an answer back yet. They also don't plan on having another class until January. I'm trying to start sooner than later. Most of all I am trying to find out if I can even do it.

Thanks for any advice.