View Single Post
NiNi.R. 12:29 PM 09-20-2012
In the years I've been open I've always had varying ages but this summer I had all bigger kids (2 and up) and now I have all 2 and under. I'm struggling with this group. They are exhausting me..

I've been thinking maybe my playroom is getting boring and needs some shaking up. I had taken a lot of the toys out of the room at the beginning of the school year.

I've been checking the group and all the old thread's on pictures of everyone's daycare setup. Trying to decide if I have to many toys out, not enough.

I'm toying with the idea of moving a floor to ceiling bookshelf we own from our garage to the playroom. This way we would have alot more floor space in the small room I have.

I noticed the majority of the pictures I looked at most everyone had toys on a shelf and a whole lot more toys out than I do. Do any of you find it challenging to keep the kids from knocking down toys just for the sake of watching them fall?

Right now I don't have very many toys out. Set up in the following sections:

Kitchen with a 3 drawer cart. Top drawer- Kitchen toys. middle drawer- toy phones, keys, diaper bags. Bottom drawer- a couple dolls and towels.

Musical toys, a mirror, and an elephant ball popper. A ride on alphabet train.

Quiet nook- with puzzles and books.

We do have plenty of outside time. We do a circle time and Carol's Affordable curriculum which they LOVE!!