View Single Post
Willow 09:50 AM 10-25-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
They wouldn't be recording just me, they would be recording the childcare.

I guess it would be like a child that has a cell phone that takes pictures. I have parents that absolutely don't want their child photographed. If a child is taking pictures with their cell phone and I don't know it (they can be sneaky) and then somehow those pictures get in a facebook or whatever and the parents find out that it was taken at childcare-that could cost me a client.

Same with a parent recording the childcare without permission (we have to have permission forms for photo/videos). There is no agreement for that so I could again lose a client because of something that was done with out their permission.

Your personal policies or a parents personal preferences won't trump what is law.

No matter how reasonable or logical they may be.

You may lose business if something goes wonky, but that doesn't negate a civil liberty.

Kind of like my house and business "laws" state that if you smack your kid in my home at drop off or pick up you're out, but it's not against actual law for a parent to spank a kid. The most we'd have the power to do is terminate our existing contracts. I couldn't like, take a parent to court and charge them myself with abuse.

Same would go for if a third party did something you were unaware of, like unknowingly photograph the kid of a parent who doesn't want that. They can't go after your for beans. Or the third party. Only people who know and consent not to photograph their children can be held responsible if they do so themselves.

(Please don't shoot the messenger!)