View Single Post
melilley 10:20 AM 12-11-2013
I have a family that is going through a divorce as well. Dcm said dcd was abusive to her, she never went into detail besides her saying he yelled a lot. I never asked anything because I don't think it's my place. There also is two sides to every story, I believe mom, but who knows what went on behind closed doors.

Dcd can only pick up on certain days and I'm not supposed to let dcb go with dcd unless it's his day. I HAVE to have court documentation saying what the custody agreement is or I have to let dcb go with dcd. I too don't have any papers in hand so I would have to let dcd take dcb. And I think if I did call the police, they would have to let him go with dad. I'm pretty sure you have to have court papers defining the custody agreement and who gets the child on what days or you have to let them go with any parent.
My dcm said she's waiting for the next custody hearing to bring papers, but who knows.

I feel bad for the kids that have to go through a divorce. My parents split up when I was 2 (my father was abusive to my mom and also an alcoholic and drug abuser) and honestly I don't remember it, but I'm sure it affected me in some way when it was happening. Good thing most young kids are resilient!
But my mom also got remarried and redivorced when I was 12. That time it did affect me, but I was older and knew what was going on.