View Single Post
PeanutsGalore 10:03 AM 02-16-2011
As far as teething goes, my son was an early teether and I wasn't comfie using meds at 2 months old. I gave him his bottles of breast milk cold (this worked the best to sooth his pain quickly), and I also froze some milk and let him chew on it through those mesh feeders...that should help. That wet washcloth thing wasn't very reliable. He also loves the toothbrush.

As far as the crying goes, if you've had him for a few months he may need a rigid schedule of consistency at your house. If you think he's ready for crying it out, then don't hold him at all if he's crying (unless, of course, he needs something). Sit on the floor near him, sing to him when you walk away, but only hold him when he stops crying. His mom isn't going to change her behavior when he's with her, but if you are very, VERY consistent at your house, he'll get the point eventually. This is the right age for CIO as long as the caregiver thinks the baby can handle it.

If that doesn't work along with the other suggestions, he's either not ready for CIO and you might want to look into getting a baby carrier, or he may not be a good fit.

Good luck!