View Single Post
Blackcat31 06:17 AM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by Dmundz:
Should the contract not say what penalties there are though? And is 90 days normal?
I don't think there are any penalties for not paying or giving that amount of notice. You signed agreeing to pay that.
The penalty would probably be some sort of collections or legal attempt to collect on the remaining balance if you didn't pay it.

As for 90 days being normal, no. I don't think 90 days is normal at all. Maybe in your area but from my experience most providers, at least here in the U.S. require 2 weeks or 30 days. Most Canadian providers I know require 30 days.

This is the first time I've heard of a provider that requires 90 days notice. That's a tough one but one you unfortunately agreed to.

I would absolutely try discussing it with your provider though. If she is in the position to fill your vacancy immediately she may be willing to work with you.

It's not always about the money but more about the relationship you have with her, communication and her ability to continue supporting her family despite her clients needs/changes.

Good luck and please keep us posted.... I'm curious now as to how your provider responds if you decide to discuss this with her verses just paying for the full notice period.