Thread: Playroom Set Up
View Single Post
SilverSabre25 07:52 AM 07-02-2014
Originally Posted by mim:
Is there a back on them or are they through. Is it the ones for the cloth bins?

For room diving, how do you keep them from getting climbed on. I tried to put my shelf side ways from the wall and the kids would lean over them to see and I was terrified they were going to fall over. Also kids try to play with toys on the top and end up driving cars off or knocking blocks down onto others heads playing on the other side. Any suggestion is helpful. Thanks
You supervise and teach them not to climb. But at worst it's a 2ft fall, not too much (re your worry about them falling over). You can teach them not to play on top of the shelf, or you can give them the freedom to and deal with the "fall"out (haha yay puns)--i.e driving cars on them is okay but building blocks needs to be done on the floor, kwim?

For the back, you can get a piece of 2ftx3ft wood and screw it onto the back, or anything else that's 2ftx3ft. Fabric could even work if you wanted. I don't use the fabric bins; I use plastic shoeboxes and the boxes that are one size up, or I just set toys in the cubes depending on the toy. They fit PERFECTLY in the spaces, and it helps with crowding and stuff.