View Single Post
daycare 04:36 PM 08-11-2016
Originally Posted by spedmommy4:
I pulled the original regulations and the 2014 update. The regulations do not say that the water needs supervision, only the kids.

The update says:
It is the responsibility of the licensee to ensure the inaccessibility of pools, including swimming
pools (in ground and above ground), fixed in place wading pools, hot tubs, spas, fish ponds or similar bodies of water, through a pool cover or by surrounding the pool with a fence.
NOTE:
Child Care Center fencing requirements are not required for inflatable or portable wading pools with sides low enough for children to step out unassisted; however, these pools should be emptied after each use.
Original regulation is similar, but outlines fence height and locking mechanism requirements.

In the transcript of the training licensing gives, the trainer says only that the wading pool should be filled "immediately prior to use." If it was filled, they got dressed, and then went back outside to use it, it would still be difficult to argue that the OP wasn't following the spirit of the guidelines.

* CDSS training: https://ccld.childcarevideos.org/chi...re/transcript/

In any case, per regs, the children were well supervised and the pool was behind a locked door. I would appeal that citation.
was just thinking about this too. Now withQRIS and FCCERS, it says that we should never make children wait for any extended periods of time. SO in this case this provider was docked by LIC, but would get points for FCCERS, but then turn it around and they would get no violations from LIC but wouldd get docked by FCCERS..

CA needs to get this right....silly I say...FIght this.