View Single Post
Rockgirl 08:51 AM 04-11-2019
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I understand what you are saying but I think what you posted and what OP posted are completely different in my opinion.

OP specifically said it would inconvenience her families.
OP asked others to help her not feel guilty.....indicating she knew it would be tough for her families to accommodate.

I agree that taking ample time off does help prevent burnout.

I also agree that it shouldn't matter why anyone takes a day off.

It seems more than anything it appears that many are offended that someone said she thought it was unprofessional.

Why is that opinion so offensive and upsetting? (not directed at you...)

We all define professionalism differently.

I take time off. Like you, with plenty of advance notice.

I also pride myself on being super reliable and rarely take time off that I think will inconvenience my clients. I structure my off time and my closures so that I can live up to my definition of professional.

I know my definition of professional differs from how others define it but there isn't anything wrong with that.

As an example, any time I say on social media that I think yoga pants are unprofessional it starts a huge drama-fest.
But that's my opinion.
I do see your point. I give my families 2-3 months’ notice for closures, so there’s really no reason they can’t make it work.

I guess we all have something we would not feel comfortable doing in our daycares, and it’s great that we can each do things how we see fit. I actually feel naked in yoga pants, so those are out for me.