Thread: Sign In & Out
View Single Post
Janice62 12:12 AM 03-15-2014
They have us right down who's absent each day, especially for subsidy billing. They make all assistants and even the family childcare owner sign in and out also, if working.

They also just asked us to have the assistants and anyone who is taking care of the kids to sign in with a different colored pen so to make it easier for them, but it's not WAC.

I put on the bottom of all my sign in sheets, All parents agree to all policies and procedures on my *website* listing my website and in *parent handbook* with having them sign the back page of that, if not, they they can loose their spots with us immediately to another family, with loss of deposit and notice period. I figure if the state won't pay for a 3 week notice period for state kids and they can move from place to place without letting anyone know in advance, I can term the parents who break policies and procedures. A few personality types that do this are un-involved parenting style and etc... Anyone who meets me half way and is negotiable and is more of the authoritative parenting style is best suited for my place. I can tell right from the start, parents who get everything we need for their kiddo's asap to help set them up for success and us also... gets to stay. Parents who forget to bring formula, diapers, wipes, backup clothes, weather appropriate clothing
and etc...constantly- I eventually let them go, I start touring for replacement families right away. I give a nice term letter, saying your family needs to find a new childcare place, because of not bringing whats required daily. I give them a list of licensed childcare providers in the area so their not empty handed. I now currently started to have them do an application for childcare before enrollment papers are given to them. On there, I ask them if the child has been to other childcare places and to list them as a references. If they left on bad terms with everyone or just their last provider, I get both sides of the situation before allowing them to attend. Anyone that post complaints on lots of websites, will nix themselves also. If they have lots of good things to say about companies, I will consider them --the most.