View Single Post
Unregistered 11:39 AM 11-01-2011
I read all your responses and I am so happy to hear it's not just me. I have a 2 yr old I watch and he is a devil when mommy picks him up. He knows not to walk in my home with shoes, but does it anyways. Mom just says oh no you shouldn't do that and continues talking. He goes crazy unpacking his bag, grabbing his sippy and dripping it all over the floor, opening and closing things, pulling on mom's clothes, grabbing things and throwing them on the floor. I give him the look and he just looks at mom and laughs.

She is a chatter box and constantly says at drop off and pick up times, oh we should go, because it is confusing you. Well use your own advice and do it please. She is not clueing in. She caters to him at home to much....if he doesn't want to eat his dinner, then she makes him something else to eat. He is clinging to his mom at drop off and crying, but she puts on the my poor baby face and picks him up again or has another goodbye. I like the idea of buh bye outside.

I will try it tonight for sure. I can't stand it when he does this. But my other dilema is during our day he isolates himself. He just stands in one spot and stares. He doesn't talk at all. He constantly breathes like he is going to cry when I ask him something or tell him to play. He will not do anything until I ask him too. Extremely frustrating. Especially when we are doing crafts or just playing around. He cries when he is pulled in. But when mom gets to the door he is sooooo hyper and chatty and smiles and getting into mischief. Huh? Don't get it all. It is getting to the point where I am not sure I even want him here anymore because of this silly behaviour.

My 2 yr old daughter doesn't even want to play with him anymore because of all the crying he does and just standing there. She is so polite to him and hugging him, but now she looks at him and says shhhh when he starts to do the crying breathing again. It happens all day long. He is delayed \i think. He is just over 2 and he doesn't run. He still walks like he is a year and the way he picks small things up. Speaking, nope, he screams his head off when we r going for walks. If he walks more than 2 minutes he pulls the stroller or drops to the ground crying. People walk by and all the say is ohhhhh look at that sad face, sorry but I am thinking oh yah that poor face , whatever, I don't want to see it anymore.

I have never thought of this before towards any of my daycare children. What is so wrong with this boy? The control thing sure fits into it as well from stories I hear from mom. It's only her he throws fits with. Hitting, biting, tantrums, screaming. Help, need some good advice.