View Single Post
CityGarden 11:10 AM 05-18-2017
Originally Posted by spinnymarie:
I answered as a parent of a child in a preschool - I would NOT send her to a place that had this system in place. Nor would I allow it/need it/want it at my daycare. For all the reasons stated above. Parents need to find daycare that they TRUST with their child's care. And I am happy to SEND them appropriate video/photos of their child that do not violate confidentiality, privacy or anything else of their child's or another child's.
I 100% agree and answered as a parent of a child in a preschool too.

Respectfully the tone of this survey is quite biased. I also find the over all tone to be quite negative.

In example...

Question 3:
How do/did you feel about taking your child to the Child Care Center?
Who said anyone was worried? How about:

I stayed at home with my daughter until she was just shy of 3 years old. My personal reasons for staying home with her were
  1. I am her mother and I enjoy caring for my own child that I had the honor of bringing into this world.
  2. There was no need or value for an infant in a center (or home daycare for that matter) since I, the parent, had no obligations or limitations work or otherwise that created the need for care.

Sorry but saying concern for missing big milestones does not reflect parents who elect to care for their own child simply because they can or because enjoy it and do not need the services or a center or home daycare, etc. It also does not offer positive room for options like grandparent care, etc.

Lastly I would never allow my child to be recorded and monitored and would never sign a waiver allowing it. My understanding is IF JUST ONE parent does not sign the waiver then if their child is in the class no one could use that feature.