View Single Post
Claraskids 08:11 PM 07-09-2017
1st baby - enrolled at 8 weeks - was a catnapper till around 6 months but slept with no issues according to safe sleep practices. One of my favorite babies ever!
2nd baby - parents broke every rule in the sleep book. Joined us at 5 months and was still being swaddled for sleep. Had a stuffed animal, sound machine, rocked to sleep, amber teething necklace, black out curtains, etc. Finally termed at a year because he screamed 90% of the time and parents refused to work with me.
3rd baby - enrolled at 3 months. Mom swore he slept on back with no blankets. Dad confessed after two months of no naps for me that he had a favorite blanket and was being swaddled. It was a mutual term.
4th baby - enrolled at 3 months. Another dream baby. Followed all safety rules and sleeps like a champ. Another favorite!
5th baby - enrolled at 4 months. Parents pulled him from another dc because they found him sleeping in swing on multiple occasions. Took a while to break him of that habit, but he is doing well now.
6th baby - enrolled at 6 weeks. Have only had her for about a month now. So far, so good....

So I guess that puts me at 4 out of 6 babies had parents that followed the back to sleep guidelines. With my last few baby enrollments, I have stressed really hard that I will term if parents set me up for failure by not preparing baby for childcare. This seems to have helped weed out the difficult parents/babies.