View Single Post
Unregistered 10:38 AM 11-04-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
Yes, I have and I do understand how it makes you feel.

The walls "cave in" on you, you can't keep your heart from racing and the it makes it very difficult to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I clip a sleep sheep on the crib alot and set it to ocean sounds. It seems to help alot. I also use a box fan for background white noise.

It does take time for them to adapt to sleeping alone. The parents SHOULD be helping with this since they chose to put him in daycare. It isn't fair to their child, the other children OR you. Unfortunately that seems to be an unpopular opinion these days.

Just a few short years ago it was generally viewed to be a PARENTAL RESPONSIBILITY to prepare children for daycare. Now, I don't see that in any of the parenting literature. Sadly, I think that is going to be followed with a rise in infants dying in daycare, again, like happened in the early 90's.
Thank you. I do have the bathroom fan on that's closest to the bedroom where he sleeps and I play piano music loud enough so he can hear it, but like you say, the parents should be helping with this and are not. The mother firmly believes in attachment parenting, which she never mentioned until he was 7months old...grrrrr, and couldn't bear to let him cry it out at all. She knows he cries here, but that hasn't seemed to motivate her to change her ways.

I'm not going to terminate. I have a pretty high tolerance for crying so that's really not the issue here. I'm not looking for a quick way to make a baby sleep so I can have free time. I'm more concerned that this baby doesn't get enough quality sleep in a day. Sooner or later that's going to hinder his development.