View Single Post
Leigh 09:22 AM 09-06-2014
I understand what you are saying, Mr Sir Husband. Here's the thing: I determined how much money I needed to make per slot, per year. I explain this to parents: your child's spot is worth $XXXX per year. I you can pay a flat weekly rate to meet this yearly cost, or you can pay a higher rate for just when you use my services. They understand it. They prefer having a set rate so that they always know what their daycare bill will be. I'm not getting paid for nothing when their kids are not here, I'm letting them pay it out in a way that works well for them.

If the parents didn't pay that flat rate, they'd pay a higher rate to cover those costs of mine (that don't change much when their kids are not here) for the days that they did use. They're paying the same either way.

I don't get any complaints from parents about paying this flat rate, and it's what I did when I used daycare services for my own child. I felt that my provider deserved paid time off (just like I got at my job), and that she, like I, deserved a break every now and then. Maybe that is why it was so easy for me to implement the policies that I did.