View Single Post
kendallina 10:09 AM 04-28-2015
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Not to steer this topic too far off course but can you point out some of the specific things you'd love to incorporate? And the question goes for everyone. I saw so many things......sigh.....1 at a time.
So does anyone have a spare gondola laying around? Lol
I particularly loved the quiet spaces for children. It's something I could create-I have a small group- ages 3 and up. I feel like my current group is craving it as they like sitting under the tables reading books daily. I'd just like something a little cozier for them and my current space is WIDE open.

I've wanted a loft forever and now would LOVE to do it with plexiglass floor, so they children can see underneath them!

All of the outside stuff-loved! I like the milk crates to store loose parts and toys. I liked the real materials vs kid crap that breaks immediately.

I liked that she clearly didn't spend tons of money making it look perfect (even though the amount of 'clutter' did bother me). The kitchen was old and not as functional as they would have liked, etc, but that's what it is. They seem to receive a lot of donations and parent help, which I'm lacking in)

LOVED loved loved the swings!!

I was inspired by her enough to do something (finally) with my screened in porch, which is right off my preschool room. We haven't used it in the 1 1/2 years that I've lived here because it really just needs to be redone--desperately needs powerwashing and screens replaced and we haven't done it yet, which made me reluctant to have the kids use it. BUT, this week my older group and I made it into a nice little gardening center--we have real plants, soil to dig in, weeds, new seeds, water bottles, etc. A huge hit here and really the only inside space that I would want such a mess. We've had it open while we're playing inside the last couple of days and it just feels so nice to be out in the fresh air and playing in dirt, etc, but we also still have access to the inside stuff for when the kids want to play inside.