View Single Post
DadBod 08:28 AM 08-08-2018
Originally Posted by storybookending:
I honestly think you are overreacting. When you were 12 would you have done to a child whatever you think this 12 year old child could be doing? Would you feel differently if you had sons? Would you be comfortable with a 12 year old girl changing a male child? If you have trust with all of the older members of the family including a 19 year old male I can’t see how the 12 year old would be any different. Now if all of the adults were leaving the daycare with the 12 year old then I might have a problem with it.
To your first point, I don’t think the boy is doing anything. I tried to make that clear in my initial post but maybe not clear enough? I also have no reason to believe the younger son is left alone with any kids and the changing station is in the main room in full view of the adults.
I think my issue is mainly with the age. If the owner wants this life skill to be taught to the twelve year old, then it should be done with other family members and not customers children right? I have no issue with the other family members because they are adults and have had classes and/or certifications to work with children.