View Single Post
happymom 09:05 AM 07-03-2019
I am not a child care provider, so this information is coming from my 7 year old.

Our daycare center has a summer program that my son goes to. He's pretty well liked and gets along with the other kids, but he doesn't have any good close friends there like he does in school.

When I picked him up yesterday, he ran and hid by the front desk and I found him with his head between his knees and very upset. I took him to the car and talked on the way home. He told me that everyone was mean, not just to him but to a lot of the kids. I asked for examples and he told me that one child was making threats like "I'm going to kill you" (not directed toward my son) and that they meant it. My son was crying. He told me that after the main teacher leaves for the day, the other kids turn mean. So from what I gather, this is happening specifically when a certain staff member (who is new) is there.

I mentioned I would talk to the director and he was crying and begged me not to. He is extremely worried that this bully-kid is going to find out he told someone.

I called the center immediately and talked to the assistant director. I mentioned about my son's fear. He's not in daycare for the rest of the week, but they said they'd follow up with me next week.

I feel really bothered by the whole thing. My son is upset with me that I told the director. I didn't want to lie to him. I told him when stuff like this happens we need to tell an adult and through tears he told me that's why he is telling me. I feel guilty.

I do not know ANYTHING about the child who made the treats, except a name.

I'm mostly just venting/talking. I hope I didn't blow anything out of proportion.