View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 02:07 PM 07-15-2011
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
I wouldn't let the DC parents give my own child an instruction, in this case I would instruct her right before the parents come in (which is what I have been doing). Am I right on that nanny?
I already do that but it seems that as soon as the parent walks in the door everything that I just told her flies out the window. She's either trying to talk to the DCM and jumps around excitedly or she's going back and forth between DCM and I while we are trying to talk. We can't even say hi to each other before DD is overexcited and trying to get DCP's attention. It's embarrassing to have to stop in the middle of saying hi to excuse myself and talk her down and tell her to wait her turn. I was wondering if having the parents actually be the ones to tell her would make it any easier. I go through this at least 8 times a day so in essence I am actually talking to her about it 16 times a day (before they come in and once the come in) and yes I tell her each and every time. Sometimes I have to physically remove her from the DCP's immediate vicinity, turn her to have her look at me, slowly and firmly tell her she needs to wait (while still holding her so that she doesn't just run back over to DCP's) and then physically walk her to the couch, or step, or chair and make her sit down.