View Single Post
daycarediva 11:31 AM 08-25-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Who supervises the children while they are in separate/different rooms?

What you do at home with no issue has NO bearing on what providers do with a group of children that are usually a mixed age group too...that's comparing apples to oranges.

As for stopping in at nap time, sure....he ABSOLUTELY has that right. But I also have the right to terminate a parent that disrespectfully puts their needs/wants ahead of the GROUP of children's needs. This dad is MORE than welcome to stop by, but he needs take his child with him when he leaves.

Assuming that payment equates to being in charge is the silliest notion I have ever heard of. Just because you pay does NOT give you the right to dictate how someone runs their business. He pays for his CHILD to be there. He does NOT pay to be there himself.

The amount of unhealthy, untrue and ridiculous information posted in this thread by parents is laughable but sad at the same time.

Instead of trying to dictate how a group providers manages her daily routine, your time would be more effective if you focused on managing your issues with sleep and naps. If your child is getting 2-3 hours of nap and it's causing issues for you, why would you leave your child in a program that isn't suited for her?

As a parent that is your duty and obligation.

I have children who do not nap, they do lie quietly with books while their friends rest. They are on the same routine as the other children. I CANNOT force a child who is NOT tired to sleep.

On days off/weekends, do you get your child up early/same time? I highly doubt it. These kids CANNOT be awake from 6am-9:30pm, which is exactly why the state stepped in and MANDATED rest times for ALL children enrolled in a full day program.