View Single Post
Pestle 02:07 PM 04-13-2019
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
I did that with my daughter once. She was always super-slow moving and I'd had it being late all the time so I sent her in pajamas with her clothes in a bag. She was so embarrassed it never happened again.

I was the same way - in High School I'd do everything before getting dressed because I knew my dad would make me go without makeup or hair done, but not in my PJs.
Bingo. Old enough to grasp consequences? Don't let them put the consequences on you. We're doing this with DD more often than we want to, but she can cry in embarrassment and change in the school bathroom or DH can be late to work. It's a Love and Logic school so they encourage this approach.

3yo DCK is spending part of our outdoor play time each day sitting miserably in the middle of the pavement barefoot because she wants people to put her shoes on for her, and I'm like, "We're not making everybody else wait for you to do it. We're going outside, and when your shoes are on you may ride a bike or play in the grass." It's a skill she almost has down, but she pretends she can't even start it, so she's not advancing the skill.