Thread: Constant Crying
View Single Post
HappyEverAfter 05:16 PM 11-01-2017
I am so sorry you have to deal with that. I just went through a similar thing here. 6 month old DCG was doing the same thing. Screaming unless being held. Worse when I was tending to or holding another child. And I had this child 11 hrs a day, every day. I would literally be on the verge of tears some days by the time the little screamer was gone. I suspected she wasn't being put down at home and spoke to the parents, explaining that unfortunately she wasn't my only baby/child and that realistically I couldn't hold her all day. I explained that holding her at home was making it an expectation for DCG that she would be held nonstop here too and suggested they try to put her down more often and don't pick her up when she's screaming for attention. I began to just let her scream (so long as all her actual needs were met) and refused to play into it. I made a conscious effort to pick up This was super rough on me and the other DCKs for a couple days but then as if overnight a switch was flipped and I have a whole new baby. No screaming to be held. No fit throwing when I interact with other kids. I would recommend addressing it with the parents ASAP. Anything you do to curb the issue will be constantly undone if they don't change anything at home. And you and your helper need to be super consistent about not picking the little screamer up too.