View Single Post
NightOwl 05:59 AM 05-05-2015
I'm sure you're nervous about raising rates instead of lowering. But I believe they're right. I'm a little on the high side for my area, but I have an ECE degree and years of experience. And I'm full with a wait list. I think your rate reflects the kind of families you will attract. People who want quality over price will not bother calling or interviewing with "cheap" providers.

Also, I know this is unpopular, but I list my prices on my website. I state that I list them so that "you are fully informed of all the details" before they even call me. So when the call comes in, most of the time, they already know my prices and it weeds out the ones who are just looking for cheap.

One more thing. The problem could be in your delivery when you offer them a spot. How do you do it? If you are telling people you have plenty of space or that you need enrollments, that may turn them off. They may think something is wrong because you don't have enrollments. At interview, I say something like, I really like your family and your child and think he would be a good fit for my program. So I'd like to offer you the spot! And if they need to think about it, say sure! I have one other interview later this week. I'll need to have an answer by xxx, so I'll know whether to keep that interview appointment. This tells them you have other options and they could lose the spot if they don't act quickly.

Just some thoughts that might help.