View Single Post
Kaddidle Care 05:41 AM 05-02-2011
Originally Posted by mac60:
What has happened to disciplining a child, telling them no, to teach them respect for other's homes.

I am not sure what has happened to parenting over the years, but it certainly has gone to the hills, as parents certainly don't know how to control their offspring anymore.
Just grabbed 2 sentences from your post.

If the parent's don't respect you or your home, there's no way they will teach their child to respect them. It's your house, your rules, you teach them.

The children will learn to respect you and yours if you instill it. They quickly learn that there are different rules in different places. Remember learning that Grandma's figurines weren't toys to be played with? It's the same thing.

Old fashioned parenting is rare these days because it's the norm to push a baby out and hand it over to someone else to raise. I think that's why so many of us have that sort of conflict with the DC parents. We take care of other's children in our homes because we don't believe in Daycare for our own. I work in a center and it's rather ironic that most of the caregivers there were stay at home Moms.