View Single Post
judytrickett 05:21 PM 07-28-2010
Originally Posted by professionalmom:
I did not accuse you of being a liar. I did make a comment about liars, but that was an example of PROJECTION. I guess another example could be someone who is a pushover, yet chastises others for being pushovers. They often do not see themselves as a pushover and find it appalling that others "let" themselves get taken advantage of, all the while they are being a doormat themselves. So if you thought I was accusing you of lying, I was not. If you didn't think that, then I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.
She is referring to what I said:

Originally Posted by :
I'm just gonna say it...I really do NOT believe you. I don't believe that you really have 100% of your parents who are so freaking great that they never would ever even think of spending a day off let alone a week without their kids. I don't believe it.

I think YOU believe it. I think YOU think they are not doing this. But I think they have you fooled. They ARE taking time off - they are just lying about it either openly or by omission. Either that or you are NOT charging them for days their child does not attend. Because THEN they have incentive for staying home with them - money savings!
But, alas, taken out of context because it was not really READ. What I said was that I think Crystal believes that her parents are working when they say they are but experience tells me they really aren't. My point is that the parents are not being open and therefore lying by omission to Crystal and she, therefore, assumes then to always be at work when their kids are in care.

That's why I say it's "not true" - as in not FACTUAL that the parents are actually at work when they say they are!

But I also DID imply that I think she is not being very realistic. And, as later admitted and pointed out by Nannyde, Crystal DOES indeed have parents who drop their kids into care when they are NOT working. One family is doing this 24 days a year according to Nannyde's math.

So, yeah, take it as you will.