View Single Post
Meeko 12:45 PM 01-12-2016
I am in Utah. Regs state that a parent must have access to their child and to any area their child may be in during the day.

I give plenty of time at interview for parents to see my home and look around. Other than that, licensing takes care of inspections and parents can check licensing records.

I make sure that parents know they have access to THEIR child and THEIR child only.

If they insist on re-inspecting my home, they have a legal right to....however they have to wait until I can safely remove all other children from areas they want to see. They will NEVER be allowed to be around a child who is not their own.

I also feel that if a parent has that much distrust in my care and feels they have to re-inspect my home....then they need to take their child elsewhere. I expect a trusting relationship. If they have a concern, I expect an open, adult discussion. They can talk to me or to licensing.

For a parent to show up out of the blue and demand to inspect someone's home shows IMMENSE distrust of the provider and a parent should look for other care, such as a nanny.